Sunday, May 29, 2016

Hello all! For several years now I have shamelessly stalked quilting blogs (and never left comments either). I want to start my own blog to document my quilt making and to be able to have a journal of my everyday life.

So let me tell you a little about myself. I am married to best man in the world, and by that I mean he is the BEST man for me. No doubt he was chosen by God especially for me. We have been married for 2 plus years. I have a son who is 21 years old, he is gainfully employed, independent and respectful.  I am very proud of him. I work for a chiropractor as the office manager. I LOVE my job, helping people, interacting with the patients, my co-workers...all great. I am so blessed.

About my quilting life, I started quilting in 2001. My Mom was suffering from lung cancer and I needed something to do while sitting with her. A girl can only read so much. So I bought some fabric from Wal-Mart (the horror) and used a borrowed book for the pattern and the rest is history. Those first few quilts were cut with scissors and cardboard templates and hand stitched. Maybe a little archaic but it served the purpose of something quite to do that would occupy my hands and mind.

Today after doing some cleaning and laundry I was able to assemble the rows of a scrappy rail fence quilt. Now I'm just trying to decide if it needs borders. Since I am technologically challenged, no pictures today, but I will try my best to get pictures posted tomorrow of this quilt. I made this quilt specifically for myself to be used daily. I'm excited for it to be finished so I can use it!

Hope everyone has a safe and blessed Memorial Day weekend. Please remember those that gave everything so that we may be free.

Jayna

No comments:

Post a Comment